We are recruiting for 2020!
We are recruiting for 2020!
EFL Teacher – Full Time – English Today, Culford, Bury St Edmunds
Do you enjoy helping young learners to grow in confidence?
Are you seeking the freedom to let loose your dynamism, show off your creativity, and display your passion for teaching English?
Do you fancy working in a small friendly team, where your voice is heard?
Then this is the chance for you to be the teacher joining our happy, enthusiastic team!
You must be suitably TEFL qualified, a great team player, and prepared to consider a long-term role in a high-class school in glorious surroundings.
Details of Position
Teaching English to 9 to 16 year-olds.
20 hours classroom per week, plus leading on curriculum-based workshops, activities, fun-sports and excursions.
Initial contract from Wednesday 29 January to Sunday 2nd August 2020, with extension possibilities for the right candidate.
Non-residential (except during summer school).
Our courses are designed to build the confidence of all our young learners and therefore experience of working with teenagers is useful.
Successful applicants will be expected to take on a variety of roles at English Today. Main duties will comprise three components: Teaching, Activity Supervision, Pastoral Care.
– Teaching structured lessons that are well planned and well executed. Particular detail expected will be for differentiation within the classroom, and focusing on meeting aims and objectives set. All teachers will have lesson planning time.
– Classroom teaching takes place between 08:30 and 13:00 with team-teaching, in the afternoons, in the form of excursion workshops, sports/craft activities and drama.
– Teachers follow a syllabus created by the Director of Studies, with autonomy provided in teacher’s choice lessons, during specific scheduled periods in the week.
* Activity Supervision
– Our staff are “all-rounders” and are expected to assist or lead groups in a number of sports and extra-curricular activities.
* Pastoral Care
– English Today is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Our staff are able readily to converse with our young protégés and take a genuine interest in making sure they are well looked after and catered for. Pastoral care is a fundamental element of an employee’s role here at English Today. You will be allocated specific duties during your employment and supported throughout your time here with us.
* Taking an active role in the safeguarding of our students.
* Supervising specific areas during break, lunch and evening social times.
* Supervising students on excursions and ensuring their safety for the entirety of the excursion.
* Supervising and getting actively involved in activities such as sports and games (great fun!)
* Upholding the reputation of English Today.
Applicants must send a cover letter and CV. Any gaps in an applicant’s employment history should be explained.
We require details of two references for successful applicants, one of which must be a past employer. Employment cannot commence until the references have been cleared.
All staff should provide relevant documentation of educational achievements and must complete a DBS disclosure form. Whether staff have a transferable DBS Certificate or not, it must be declared as soon as possible so normal protocol can be followed in time for commencement of employment. Any staff that have not completed a safeguarding course within the last 2 years will be expected to undertake an online “Safeguarding Young People” course during their induction period and they will be presented with relevant material in the staff handbook.
To apply please complete our application form, send CV, and email a letter to our director at email@example.com to introduce yourself and explain why you think you are suitable for our position.