Why English Today?
- Because it is just a great place to be!
- It’s where we successfully build self-confidence in our students and self-assurance in their use of English.
English Today is situated in Eastfields House within the grounds of the prestigious Culford Park. We are surrounded by 480 acres of beautiful parkland with an 18th century mansion in the middle. Our facilities are second to none and students learn, relax, sleep and thrive all in the one location with their teachers on-hand.
Keeping it fun, fresh and imaginative are the core principles which underpin our two-week courses. We pride ourselves on ensuring every child has the chance to express themselves and to grow. Our track record shows every single student leaves English Today with increased confidence, not only in thinking, speaking and writing in English, but also in themselves . They all return home having had a great time.
Over £4 million worth of on-site facilities
From cutting-edge sporting facilities to outstanding grounds, we offer our schools access to unparalleled resources:
- 4-Court Indoor Tennis Centre
- 7 Outdoor Tennis Courts
- An Indoor Sports Hall
- 2 All-weather Pitches
- An Indoor Climbing Wall
- 25×13 Metre Indoor Swimming Pool
- 480 acres of outdoor space including numerous sports fields, gardens, woodland, play areas, some farmland and a lake; all within a perimeter fence
Comfortable, contemporary facilities and accommodation
Eastfields House has recently been refurbished to create a comfortable and contemporary environment for our guests to learn, sleep, eat and play. It includes:
- Classrooms equipped with interactive smart-boards and whiteboards
- Wifi throughout the building with parental controls built into the network
- A garden – our own private outside area with all-weather-turf, benches and picnic tables
- Clearly defined sleeping areas: girls upstairs and boys downstairs. Each floor has its own bathroom and separate rooms for visiting teachers
- Excellent food in Culford’s modern dining hall
Passionate and approachable teachers
Our teachers are an exceptional team. We carefully select them for their willingness, enthusiasm, ability and dedication to the vocation of ensuring your children enjoy achieving their maximum potential. Our teachers:
- All have university degrees and hold full CTEFL qualifications to teach English as a foreign language
- Are committed to ensuring our students achieve their full potential on our course and, together with their school-teachers, are kept safe, comfortable and happy.
- Are on-call 24 hours a day as necessary
- Are close-knit, approachable and professional
- Are imaginative with a hands-on approach to learning
- Are consistently adaptable, amenable and affable
Inspiring, interactive learning
- We use our imagination to provide innovative ways to get our children to think, speak and write in English, whilst focusing on something completely different. We choose subjects relevant to the age group, from history to modern music and sports to idioms
- We keep classroom time to mornings when students are freshest
- We tailor-make each course to ensure students are learning whilst having fun through activities, drama, team sports, challenges and cultural excursions
- We ensure they emerge enthusiastic for more. They are more capable in their English, more cultured in their outlook and more confident in themselves